Some Important Things to know about Air Slide Fabric
Air slide fabric may be defined as an air permeable fabric typically utilised in silo/bin aerators or air activated conveyor for better and easier conveyance of bulk dry powder. Air slide fabric is also known as air side cloth, air slide belt, air slide canvas and air slide membrane. Such fabrics are meant for pneumatic conveying of powdery and granular products like cement as well as alumina. However, air slide fabric also useful for other materials as well. This solid fabric is designed for air sliding purpose. There is an air slide belt in the middle of the chute. The powder material comes into this chute right above the belt and then flows to the chute at the lower side as a pneumatic blower. Under the air pressure action through the material, the same is fluidized thereafter. And thus the key purpose of transportation fulfils.
Kinds of Air Slide Fabric
Air slide fabrics are available in different materials with different grades of air permeability as well as thickness based on the purpose. Air slide fabrics are also known as complete set aero cloth, air slide canvas, air slide belt fabric, woven air slide material, pneumatic conveyor belt and air permeable fabrics.
Performance of Air Slide Fabric
With controlled permeability, airslide fabric can help enhancing conveyor’s efficacy. It also ensures that the powers will be mixed evenly. While transferring the powder, air slide fabric along with the pressed air of the flume makes dry powder to be transformed into fluid particles so that the equipment isn’t damaged and disturbed from abrasion. And thus it reduces repair works to a good extent. Moreover, the particles while being transferred to airtight flume, won’t be lost. And this certainly saves overall cost without polluting the earth.
Goodness of Air Slide Fabric
- It is smooth, clear and comes without any deformation
- It ensures dimensional stability
- It is resistant to wear and tear, high temperature, corrosion and thus ensures longer life
- It doesn’t absorb moisture
- It doesn’t form caking
- It is resistant to decomposition and rotting
- Air slide fabric is resistant to abrasion
- It ensures stable fluidization
- It needs little maintenance and consumes less energy
- It hardly shrinks even under hot and humid climate
- It features abrasion resistance
Applications of Air Slide Fabric
Air slide fabrics come handy for different industries. Let’s discuss them.
- Power Stations – It is often used in power stations for transporting discharging flue ash, filtered dust, coal dust.
- Chemical Industry – It is used for conveying sinter dust, Thomas meal, catalysts sodium sulphate, soap powder, rubber components and soap powder as stated by reputable airslide fabric manufacturers.
- Construction Industry – Air lift slide is used for transferring gypsum, cement, limestone, calcium hydroxide, furnace dust, lead monoxide, acid crystals, pure clay, phosphates, magnesite concentrate, ground fluoride and quartz.
- Tanks and Silos – Air slide fabric is used for mixing equipment, discharging systems, warehouse unites and homogenizing systems.
These are some of the most important things to know about air slide fabrics.